For student volunteers, whose main objective is in animal care. To participate in this program volunteers must meet one of the following requirements listed below.
- Open to students ages 14-17 years of age that have completed a minimum of 10 hours in the YAPS Beginner Program and Off-Site Service Hour Program. Must be approved by a qualified staff member.
- Suggested minimum commitment of 5 hours per month.
Options to Complete Hours
- Participate in both Dog Handler Classes, mandatory for those wanting to work with dogs
- Participate in monthly Wags N Walk and or PAWSitive Reading Club
- Socializing the animals, walking, grooming, practicing the training trail, playing, etc.
- Minimum of half of the committed service hours must be spent doing the following:
- Laundry and cleaning Bowls
- Upkeep of yards, poop patrol, raking, pulling weeds
- Kennel Care & Cleaning
All Lend-A-Paw volunteers must complete an orientation, and read and fill out all of the Volunteer Application, Waiver of Liability and Policy and Procedures Manual.
YAPS Volunteer Program Policies and Procedures
lend a paw app.pdf
release and waiver of liability only.pdf